[GRASSLIST:9990] Re: Filling with flood

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 01:22:28 EST 2006

Hi
  It will be nice if I can get a workedout example
  where in a DEM is used to create a Dam and then flood it.

  Ravi

Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:
  > I have a surface of watershed and wish to simulate a dam
> to see the area of inundation (flooding).
>
> Please suggest a simple method in GRASS6 to create a reservoir (Dam)

d.rast.edit or r.digit+r.patch to make the dam, then use r.basins.fill?,
r.fill.dir? or the module recently (in the last month) announced on the
mailing list to fill depressions & r.mapcalc to compare/crop.

Hamish