[GRASS-user] Programmatically create location?

Paul Pick paul.pick at ec.gc.ca
Tue Jul 4 09:04:37 EDT 2006

Hi all,

 I have a program which will generate products based on
a (disposable) user-defined lat/lon box, which could be
located anywhere in the world. How do I go about programmatically
creating a new location? I looked over the various docs and
wiki entries and didn't see anything that looked like it.

 If there isn't a way then I think I'll create a sample
location, have the program copy/link the whole dir structure
to a temp place and sed my way from there. Does anybody
see anything wrong with that approach? Can you suggest
a better one?

--
Paul Pick <paul.pick at ec.gc.ca>
Informatics Services Unit Gagetown