[GRASS-user] compiling GDAL from source after Grass

Alessandro Bigi abigi at agrsci.unibo.it
Fri Jul 7 07:38:29 EDT 2006

Hello all,
	I am trying to following the instructions from the wiki and from the
"GRASS Users Group of Davis" help page in order to get GDAL and Grass.
I had successfully compiled and installed grass61, but I realized later I
was missing GDAL. So, now, I'm trying to compile and install it from source
(www.gdal.org): I am using the 1.2.6 version, as the one in Debian Sarge,
and configure it using "--with-grass=/usr/local/grass61".
Apparently configuration is ok, however during the "make" I have numerous
error messages such as "grass57dataset.cpp.### directory not found."

Do I have any other chance besides to compile/install GDAL without grass,
then compile/install grass6.1 again and finally GDAL with grass, as
suggested in the WIKI? I struggled already to have grass61, I dont know how
much I will take to do it once more...

Thanks for suggestions!!

Alessandro