[GRASS-user] * * * glibc detected * * * free ( ) : invalid next size (fast)

Siddhesh sid_grass at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 01:13:43 EDT 2006

Dear GRASS users,

 I get the following error at runtime
  * * * glibc detected * * * free ( ) : invalid next size (fast)

 I have glibc-2.3.5 version.
 i have gone through many archives and this is what i have found:
 If this is a runtime error, then it is likely the case that your code has always had memory leaks in it (ie you free memory that you didn't alloc, or forget to free mem that you alloc) and that they are only apparent now that the newer gcc or glibc has applied some stricter controls.

 But my code works well on my system am having mandriva2006 , but when i install it on a laptop having the same OS , it gives me that error.It wasnt giving problem on the laptop too but its started giving error during creation of tempory edit files yesterday.
 am very confused
 kindly help

 Regards
 Siddhesh