[GRASS-user] patching/merging vector maps and their tables

Andreas Philipp andreas.philipp at geo.uni-augsburg.de
Fri Jul 14 03:06:37 EDT 2006

Thanks for the hints,
indeed it works perfectly and also the attribute tables are merged now. I
think I was just confused about using the word "Copy" and singular form in
the help text, because it is not just simple copying when merging the tables
(the meaning of "layer" is clear).

May be it would be clearer to say:

"-e Merge also attribute tables. Only tables of layer 1 and of same structure
are currently supported"

instead of

"-e Copy also attribute table. Only the table of layer 1 is currently
supported"

Just a thought,
thanks,
Andreas