[GRASS-user] how to archive rasters from a workspace

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Fri Jul 14 07:55:15 EDT 2006

Try Hamish's script r.pack - it was designed to safely package a raster for
moving around and sharing on other computers. It also does some rudimentary
checking that the destination Location/Mapset are the same projection as the
raster you're unpacking. You'll need its sibling script, r.unpack to extract
into a destination Location.

See here:  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_AddOns#Raster_add-ons

~ Eric.