[GRASS-user] artifacts in interpolation

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 10:58:11 EDT 2006

OK, sorry for the large ppms. changed to jpgs.

http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano/temp/krig_artifact1.jpg

Carlos

On 7/15/06, Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I was resampling some DEMs with RST and kriging, and the results have
> > these weird artifacts,  take a look:
> >
> > http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano/temp/krig_artifact1.ppm
>

> [no idea]
>

> tip:
>
> $ pnmtojpeg krig_artifact1.ppm > krig_artifact1.jpg
> $ pnmtopng krig_artifact1.ppm > krig_artifact1.png
>

> ls -s1h krig*
>  96K krig_artifact1.jpg
> 304K krig_artifact1.png
> 1.5M krig_artifact1.ppm
>

> Hamish

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke