[GRASS-user] visiting group of sites

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Wed Jul 19 03:45:02 EDT 2006

Dear users,
I have this problem:
I have around 100 sites into my location where I need to go for a
technical survey...
I have already classified them using v.net.iso on the basis of the time
that I need to arrive there from my starting position....
so, at the moment, I have around 20 sites where I can arrive into half
an hour, 20 sites into one hour, and so on....

However, I know that I can't survey more than 4 or 5 sites for day,
coming back home at the evening...

so I need to combine these sites into groups, where each group contain 4
or 5 sites that are geographically near each other...

This way I could decide, each day, to survey the group1, than the next
day the group2, and so on....  avoiding a subjective choice of the sites
and allowing an optimisation of the survey planning...

I know that the problem can't give a unique solution.... but I hope that
someone can give me help or ideas (grass modules, shell
scripting,...)    :-)

thanks to all

Ivan

--