[GRASS-user] Importing e00 and running m.in.e00

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 00:49:17 EDT 2006

Alexandre Leroux wrote:

> Is there a reason why the AVCE00 library, required to run v.in.e00, is
> not installed by default with GRASS (6.0.2)?

It is an independently maintained external dependency. We don't have the
man-power to keep all external dependencies up to date within the grass
source code. (track all bug fixes, updates, etc) It is up to the binary
package maintainers to depend on/include/or suggest those.

> Is there a reason why this v.in.e00 is not present in the
> File\Import\Raster map\ menu?

It's in the File ->Import->vector map menu.

(v.* are for vectors, r.* for raster modules, etc)

Hamish