[GRASS-user] Re: [Qgis-user] From points to areas?

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Tue Jul 25 14:27:56 EDT 2006

Dear all,
attached you can find the script v.cluster for grass gis...
It needs R installed in your computer.
the script perform a spatial clustering of a points maps, partitioning
(clustering) the data into 'k' clusters ``around medoids'', a more
robust version of K-means.
the script is heavily based on tutorial
(http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2006-July/035288.html) by Dylan
Beaudette, UC Davis (many thanks!!!!)
Please try it before using it for production.... it can have some bugs!!

cheers
Ivan

On mar, 2006-07-25 at 14:51 +0200, Martin Wegmann wrote:
> Dear Tom,
>
> have a look at this thread, perhaps that's what you are looking for:
> http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2006-July/035288.html
>
> a script v.cluster can be found here (related to the previous thread)
> http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2006-July/035307.html
>

> cheers, Martin
>

> On Tuesday 25 July 2006 14:36, listen at thomas-zastrow.de wrote:
> > Dear QGIS-users,
> >
> > I'm not sure if I'm right here or if my question is realy silly ... I'm new
> > to QGIS and GIS general, read something about GRASS, googlet around but I
> > can't find a solution ...
> >
> > So, what I have is a map with points, produced by QGIS, works perfect. Now,
> > these points have different colors and I want to cluster them into areas.
> >
> > Is there any software which can do this automatically? Or has anybody an
> > idea what I have to do?
> >
> > For example:
> >
> > http://www.thomas-zastrow.de/temp/maps.png
> >
> > The first map shows what I have now - points with different colors on a
> > map. The second one is - ähem - what it should look like, the points are
> > clustered into areas (I did this manually with the GIMP).
> >
> > Thank you very much, I'm thankful for every hint!
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Tom

Ivan Marchesini
University of Perugia