[GRASS-user] Problem with Grass CVS

Darrel Maddy Darrel.Maddy at newcastle.ac.uk
Sun Jul 30 04:33:19 EDT 2006

Dear all,

I have just taken delivery of a Dell 490 workstation (dual xeon) which comes complete with an install of RHEL4. I spent a few happy hours yesterday trying to install the latest CVS. After Fedora 5 and Ubuntu I must say that RHEL seems a little antiquated!

After assembling the libraries I attempted to complile the source. The ./configure seems to suggest all is well but make throws up a number of errors. When I installed the binary and ran the executable I received the following message:

Starting GRASS ...
Error in startup script: invalid command name "Label"
    while executing
"Label .frame0.frameMS.label  -anchor {w}  -text [G_msg "Accessible Mapsets\n(directories of GIS files)"] "
    (procedure "gisSetWindow" line 88)
    invoked from within
"gisSetWindow"
    invoked from within
"if { [searchGISRC $gisrc_name] } {
   gisSetWindow
}"
    (file "/usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs/etc/gis_set.tcl" line 908)
/root/<UNKNOWN>/<UNKNOWN>/.gislock: No such file or directory
ERROR: /usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs/etc/lock:
root is currently running GRASS in selected mapset. Concurrent use not allowed.

Is this a missing library? If so which one?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Darrel

My configure options are:

CFLAG=" -g -Wall" LDFLAGS="-s" ./configure \
  --enable-64bit \
  --with-libs=/usr/lib64 \
  --with-cxx \
  --with-freetype \
  --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2 \
  --with-proj-share=/usr/local/share/proj \
  --enable-largefile \
  --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include \
  --with-opengl-libs=/usr/include/GL \

Prof Darrel Maddy