[GRASS-user] real distance analysis

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Jun 1 17:02:59 EDT 2006

A first stab at this might be r.los:

http://grass.itc.it/grass61/manuals/html61_user/r.los.html

That's just off the top of my head.

~ Eric.

-----Original Message-----
From: grassuser-bounces at grass.itc.it
To: grassuser at grass.itc.it
Sent: 6/1/2006 4:26 PM
Subject: [GRASS-user] real distance analysis

Dear All,

I am trying to solve the following problem, maybe does somebody an idea
and can help me.... (thanx in advance)

I would like to examine from an exact point that territory, which is
inside an determinated distance from the exact point. BUT I don't want
to use the map projected distance (=Buffer zone), but the datas of a
DEM.

I would like to measure the "really" surface, the climbing etc. For
example  I need the maximum distance "cirlce"  (30km or 30 mph doeas not
matter) around a point, but measured in the "filed"(=DEM) not on the map
(=projected area).

Does somebody have an idea, who can I start with it?

Many thanx

Regards

Andras

Bödocs András