[GRASS-user] GRASS Presentation

pmarc paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 13:33:52 EDT 2006

I think that this has already been discussed here, but I will ask again =D

Well, I have been somewhat invited, or should I say, questioned, about
preparing a GRASS talk at a convention that is to take place somewhen
in the near future (Sorry, I don't recall the details). So I decided
to start it right now.

I would ask for some ideas on points worth mentioning.

The audience should be composed primarily of FOSS aware people, and
probably FOSS/GIS aware people, or at least gis aware people. I,
however, will ask the organization about the audience profile.

I would like to present people with a list of papers made with GRASS'
help, obviously nice screenshots (the site and list history are full
of these!).

My work in progress (pt_BR only) is here:
http://br.geocities.com/marcondes.rm/palestras/grass.pdf

I plan on translating it to english as soon as I finish the portuguese version.

Basically I translated the "First Time users" page [1] to presentation format.

Your feedback is deeply appreciated.

[1] http://grass.itc.it/intro/firsttime.php
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX