[GRASS-user] GRASS vs ArcInfo command table

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 11:50:24 EDT 2006

Hi,
1. Earlier Ottawa Grass Users Group has put a link to a thesis
    comparing ARC with GRASS.
2. A step by step comparison will help those who want to migrate immensely.
    Putting on the WIKI is a better option.
3. The TradOffs existing between ARC and GRASS must be of high interest.
Cheers
Ravi Kumar

Stefano Costa <steko at iosa.it> wrote: Il giorno ven, 16/06/2006 alle 14.09 +1000, Craig Feuerherdt ha scritto:
> Jonathan,
> The approach you are suggesting would be extremely useful for me.
> Coming from an ArcInfo background and now in the process of migrating
> to GRASS. I am willing to help out over time (the advantages of a
> wiki) in helping compile the reference table.
> If you want a complete list of ArcInfo commands I can easily produce
> that as I still have access to ArcInfo.
> Craig

I'd like to see some comparison between NVIZ and ArcScene. A guy
next-lab to me said that for 3D-scanner data (points with 3D coordinates
and luminance value) GRASS has better analysis tools such as voxels and
so, but ArcScene has cool visual features that NVIZ hasn't got. Someone
has other voices or personal experience about the two ?

--
Stefano Costa
http://www.iosa.it Software Open Source per l'Archeologia
Jabber: steko at jabber.linux.it
GnuPG Key ID 1024D/0xD0D30245
Linux Registered User #385969 counter.li.org