[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASSLIST:1098] v.net.steiner

M S mseibel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 13:53:53 EDT 2006

more questions on v.net.steiner.  i think i'm getting closer.

through QGIS i was able to detrmine that:
layer 0 (arc) = the lines connecting the buildings to the streets
layer 1 (arc) = the street network
layer 1 (point) = the buildings.

then i run:
v.net.steiner input=network output=network_steiner alayer=1 nlayer=1
tcats=1-208

then i get this output:
Number of Terminals: 207    <--- Should that be 208?
Number of Steiner points set to 205  <--- is that correct, given 1-208?
Killed
GrassPrompt->

any suggestions?  do all the arcs (the street connectors and the streets)
have to be on one layer? if so how do you do this?