[GRASS-user] Re: nviz on FC5 -- SOLVED

Jaime Carrera jaicarrerahdez at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 13:48:59 EDT 2006

Hi all,

It seems that there's a problem when running nviz on FC5 which is caused by hardware problems which I think are caused by using ATI or NVIDIA hardware. I couldn't use NVIZ nor any GL dependent software as my NVIDIA card wasn't fully supported by FC5.
How I solved the problem:
1) Update the kernel
2) Update BOTH selinux-policy and selinux-policy-targeted to the latest version available
3) Install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia (I used the rpm.livna.org repository).
4) stop the x server
5) run /sur/sbin/nvidia-config-display enable
6) run /usr/sbin/nvidia-xconfig
7) Restart your computer

That should do it.

Jaime