[GRASS-user] Compiling grass cvs in debian testing - problems

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 17:34:51 EDT 2006

Although Ubuntu and Debian testing have slightly different names for
packages, the procedure is substantially the same. Why don't you try
following the Ubuntu compile guide I put together here:

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Compile_and_Install#Ubuntu_6.06

Scroll down to the bottom and download makegrass.sh. You should be able to
modify it for Debian without much effort.

David

On 6/29/06, pmarc <paulomarcondes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys, finally I took the plunge to compile grass cvs.
>
> However, ./configure fails to find X (I put --with-x on the command line)
>
> checking for X... no
>
> and also gives errors about TIFF
>
> checking for location of TIFF includes...
> checking for tiffio.h... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate TIFF includes.
>
> how can I solve this?
>
> --
> Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
> -22.915 -42.229 = GG87vc (http://www.amsat.org/cgi-bin/gridconv)