[GRASS-user] web mapping

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 30 03:26:33 EDT 2006

On 26-Jun-06, at 8:49 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, and sorry if my mail sounded as a critique - it
> was not! I wanted just to point out how GRASS is less known as it
> should
> be (at least in my view), and inviting the GRASS community both to be
> more proactive towards the rest of the freeGIS world, and to put hands
> more extensively on webGIS (I've just seen
> http://www.les-ejk.cz/?cat=pywps#example , which is a good example in
> this direction).
> I enjoyed the book, and I would (I will in fact!) recommend it to
> anyone
> interested in webGIS.

Thanks Paolo,
Hope I didn't sound too defensive.  I thought I might as well give a
reasoned answer, just so GRASS users knew I wasn't slighting them.
You weren't being too critical, but I've had some comments from
others who were upset that I didn't write about their favourite
project :)

By the way, I helped pull together a GRASS brochure that we used at
the Where 2.0 conference.  You can grab, print, copy, etc. from here:
https://visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?
folderID=54&expandFolder=54&folderID=0  (about 5 rows down)

This was the first version - still more to improve.  Hopefully it can
be used to further promote GRASS and get it into the hands of those
who need it.

Cheers,
Tyler