[GRASS-user] OGR Import Error for shapes with Fieldtype DATE

Dave Kent dkent at sasktel.net
Fri Jun 30 18:31:02 EDT 2006

Horst:
I had the same problem.  It seems to be a new data check in grass.  I
imported a shape file  successfully about a year ago and it worked.
I tried about 6 weeks ago and it did not.

I worked around  it by opening the ESRI dbf file in EXCEL and
changing the field format to numeric and saving.  This seemed to work.

Dave