[GRASSLIST:10770] Re: How to calculate maximum & minimum elevation across a raster?

Ian MacMillan Ian.MacMillan at pomona.edu
Mon Mar 6 15:02:17 EST 2006

Michael, I am sure you have already thought of this, but have you tried
to use r.profile?  This would work if you know the two endpoints.  If
you don't know the endpoints, but are trying to calculate the general
case between a point and an area, doesn't r.sun deal with this somehow?
  I am not superfamiliar with it, but that would be where I would start.

G'luck,
Ian

On Mar 5, 2006, at 11:20 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> I need to calculate maximum and minimum elevation between any point on
> a landscape and a coastline. I can get total, cumulative elevation,
> but can’t figure out how to get maximum or minimum. Any ideas?
>
>  Michael
>  __________________________________________
>  Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
>  School of Human Evolution and Social Change
>  Arizona State University
>  Tempe, AZ 85287-2402
>
>  phone: 480-965-6213
>  fax: 480-965-7671
>  www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we
can assume it will be pretty bad.
  - Dave Barry

This message has been scanned by Postini anti-virus software.