[GRASSLIST:36] Geology Maps and Grass

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 06:40:36 EST 2006

One of the Oldest and largest Scientific Departments of India is evaluating GRASS GIS.
  No doubt that it is compared with ARC-INFO.

  We are having difficulty to demonstrate Good Mapcomposition through
  GRASS.

  1. Geological structural symbols like Foliation / Bedding which are taken from a table
  and represented with the rotation as per table.. How can we do it, in GRASS or
  any FOSS software?

  2. Symbol generation for GEOLOGY, what FOSS software to use ?

  3. Preparation of a map with Cartographic elegance, What FOSS to Use.

  ThanX in anticipation