[GRASSLIST:310] NITF projection information problem?

Julie Tittler Julie.Tittler at operamail.com
Wed Mar 22 08:56:53 EST 2006

When I import an NITF file into GRASS using r.in.gdal, the projection
comes back as X,Y (unprojected). I know that's not right. The imagery is
unprojected in WGS84. All the projection information is listed in the
corresponding data files which come with the NTF. The image is a Quick
Bird imagery product. This is a problem because I need to patch 2 of these
images together. Since they show as no GCS, they overlap each other in the
display completely, even though they only really overlap a little, (I can
view them both in ArcMap).

Does anyone know how to get NITF files to have their correct projection
information in GRASS?

Thank you,
Julie Tittler