[GRASSLIST:361] G_gisinit

Ana Soares tiobrothercamarada at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 09:51:08 EST 2006

Hello

I've a problem : I use G_gisinit but I'm having some trouble understanding
it

>From what I've read :

 int G_gisinit (char *program_name)initialize gis libraryThis routine reads
the user's GRASS environment file into memory and makes sure that the user
has selected a valid database and mapset. It also initializes hidden
variables used by other routines. If the user's database information is
invalid, an error message is printed and the module exits. The *program_name
* is stored for later recall by *G_program_name.* It is recommended that
argv[0] be used for the *program_name
*

*Ok.
*

*So I use it  in my program, like :
*

* int main(int argc, char **argv) {

   G_gisinit(argv[0]) ;
}

*

And the program just stands there :-S

I'm really confused! After all, what does this function do ? How am I
supposed to use it?

Thanks :-)