[GRASSLIST:446] RE: OGR-generated shapefiles show spikes and outl iers in ArcView

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Tue Mar 28 09:03:59 EST 2006

>> The shapefile is showing all kinds of weird spikes and horizontal
>> lines that look like corrupted data, but of course the vectors look
>>fine in Grass. Has anyone had any issues with shapefiles, specifically
>>linework, From Grass?

>Have you tried to reimport back to GRASS?

I tried re-import and the vector looks fine again in Grass. It's strange,
any shapefile I generate from Grass can be viewed in ArcView fine, ONLY if
no editing has been performed, it seems. Once I delete line segments, add
new ones, split lines up, etc., ArcView doesn't seem to like the shapefile
after that. I'm going to try to do edits and see what conditions I can
create that 'break' a shapefile from Arcview's point of view.

~ Eric.