[GRASSLIST:996] Re: GLOBE DEM error

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 23:01:55 EDT 2006

> I'm trying to view a GLOBE DEM panel using 61cvs on OSX 10.4.6 and
> received the following error message.  What does this mean and how
> can I fix the problem?  Thanks for any help.
..
> WARNING: can't get history information for [g10s] in mapset [user]
> WARNING: can't get history information for [g10s] in mapset [user]
>      while executing
> "close $rt"
>      (procedure "DmRaster::display" line 27)
>      invoked from within
> "DmRaster::display $node"

All raster maps should have a metadata "history" file stored in
$MAPSET/hist/$MAPNAME

Apparently yours is missing.

the warning comes from G_read_history(), which in turn is called by
these modules:

imagery/i.maxlik/hist.c
imagery/i.ortho.photo/photo.rectify/exec.c
imagery/i.smap/shapiro/history.c
raster/r.compress/main.c
raster/r.carve/support.c
raster/r.info/main.c
raster/r.le/r.le.patch/trace.c
raster/r.mapcalc/map.c
raster/r.null/null.c
raster/r.random/support.c
raster/r.resample/main.c
raster/r.support/front/front.c
raster/r.support/modhist/modhist.c

How did you import the data & where did it come from?

Try re-importing?

Hamish