[GRASSLIST:1070] Re: [GRASS-user] Data interchange file format

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 04:29:07 EDT 2006

Hi,
  ARC-INFO both Shape files and e00 format can be opened by grass.
  How ever
  1. shape files are preferred as they are readyly openable
  2 e00 file (ARC-Info export format) can be used by downloading some
     extra files.
  Enjoy GRASS
  Ravi Kumar

Antonis Christofides <anthony at itia.ntua.gr> wrote:
  Hi,

They've contacted me from an agency where they have a contractor
preparing some geographical data for them, and the contractor is going
to deliver the data on a CD. I'm being asked what file format they
should request. They originally intended to ask for arcinfo files,
but now they are more interested in open source systems. Does grass
read arcinfo data interchange files? But, in any case, an open
standard for such interchange would be preferable, is there any that
is reasonably widely supported?

Thanks!