[GRASS-user] new script in wiki add-ons: d.region.box

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 19:09:26 EST 2006

Henning wrote:
> Great! Is there a way to make it work on the Map Display as well (not
> only on a x-monitor display)?

"d.grid -ng 400" will do something similar. (recreate that in gis.m with
the "overlay grid" button)

You can add d.* commands as "cmd layers" (gear button) in gis.m, but I'm
not sure how well that works in this case. From gis.m the "overlay grid"
solution might be better, but in constrained region mode you already get
a grey border for out-of-region, so it isn't as confusing WRT what is
inside/outside of region vs a xmon*.

[*] e.g. in v.digit if you digitize a line which goes out of region
the drawing gets clipped off-region. It is fine once you've panned.
see  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/16464

Hamish