[GRASS-user] Large vector files

Michael Perdue michael_perdue at yahoo.ca
Tue Oct 10 02:48:39 EDT 2006

Really? Does this apply to the input ascii data set, the output
raster or both? The sample data set I've been working with is roughly
92 million points and is 2.5GB in size. I don't recall r.in.xyz
complaining when I feed it the file. The output raster was
considerably smaller though (around 10 million cells).

Mike