[GRASS-user] r.watershed hangs

Hardeep Singh Rai hardeep at eml.cc
Sat Oct 21 22:29:06 EDT 2006

I was doing watershed analysis for spearfish dataset
(spearfish_grass60data-0.1.tar.gz), and on giving command:

r.watershed elevation=elevation.dem threshhold=3 basin=raiBasin
accumulation=raiAccu it starts processing of 5 steps. After about 20
minutes, it completes all and throw message: "cloing maps", but do
nothing; prompt never comes. I used it with option -m and without it.
With both cases, "top" commands show ram or sed running with 99 usage of
CPU. Even I waited for 12 hours, but it fail to finish. I am using GRASS
6.0.1 on Ubuntu.

Please suggest some solution.

--
H.S.Rai