[GRASS-user] GRASS after ArcInfo

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 3 17:14:28 EDT 2006

Hi Jarek,
At our company, http://timberline.ca, we have some areas where we are
actively making a migration, though mainly for testing some new
processes.  My main interest in doing this is to enable more server-
side processing on an open source operating system - something that
ESRI does not offer in their commercial stack.

One interesting way of helping users bridge between the products
would be to have some scripts that emulate particular ArcInfo
functionality but use GRASS behind the scenes.  I am interested in
doing this, and started on something similar (in concept) using a web
front end for ArcInfo workstation.

I am very interested in following your develops and new course
offerings/direction.  If there is any way I can help, let me know.

Tyler

------
My book: http://oreilly.com/catalog/webmapping