[GRASS-user] GRASS, sqlite-driver an (german) umlaut - visible in GRASS, but not in sqlite!

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Wed Sep 20 04:53:45 EDT 2006

Hello Wolfgang,

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:27:40 +0200 "Wolfgang Qual"
<Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net> wrote:

> Dear list,
> I successfully imported a dbf-table into my grass-project. Attributes
> are stored in sqlite. When I use the identify-tool of gis.m, german
> umlaut characters (üßöä)are displayed. However, using sqlite3-console
> or sqlitebrowser does not work. The same thing happens with QGIS (not
> displayed). Therefore, I cannot perform a query like "select * from
> layer where Ort like 'Münch%';" (only Mnchen available). Is there a
> way to tell sqlite that I have this kind of characters? I just tested
> v.out.ogr - fortunately, all ü,ö,ä,ß were visible in the attribute
> table of the exported (shape-)file.
>
> Any ideas are appreciated!

Did you check our locale-settings? Are they set correct for your
environment and for the sqlite-db as well?

Best regards

	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508