[GRASS-user] gdal and grass new problem from "is, but isn't" series

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Sep 21 04:03:28 EDT 2006

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, [ISO-8859-2] Jaros³aw Jasiewicz wrote:

> Hi
> gdal 1.3.2 and 1.3.1 grass 6.3 cvs (newest), Kubuntu 6.06 and ubuntu
> 6.06 with added KDE
>
> after compilation of gdal over grass (without erros and warnings) when I
> try to run gdalinfo (or some other gdal utilities) message appears:
>
> gdalinfo: error while loading shared libraries: libgrass_vect.so: cannot
> open shared object     file: No such file or directory
>
> of course libgrass_vect.so exist in /usr/local/grass6.3.cvs/lib/ as
> symlink to libgrass_vect.cvs.so

But is /usr/local/grass6.3.cvs/lib included in the directories "seen" by
ldconfig, and have you run ldconfig? I'm afraid that getting the plugins
set up is difficult, even though there is advice on:

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Compile_and_install_GRASS_and_QGIS_with_GDAL/OGR_Plugin
http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/drupal/node/123

Hope this helps,

Roger