[GRASS-user] check vector geometry

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Sep 24 08:30:32 EDT 2006

Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> hallo,
> On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 12:38:55PM +0200, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>> Thanks, indeed. However, the problem is that it is missing the number
>> of nodes.
>>
>> Another problem with v.info's output is also that it is hardly
>> parsable. A -g flag would be a very nice addition to v.info.
>>
>> Just for the record, also the number of primitives would be usefull. I
>> know it's a summary of all the primitives present
>> (centroids+boundaries+lines+points), but it wouldn't do harm to mention
>> it too, and it could be usefull.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Maciek
>
> v.info is allready there:
>
> v.info -g cr
> north=51.05623489
> south=48.55409865
> east=18.86354686
> west=12.09596872
> top=0.000000
> bottom=0.000000
>
> which is corresponding to g.region -g and r.info -g
>
> I added option -t  (for "topology") - could you test this patch (for
> main.c), please?

Thanks very much! Not bad. Buts:

1. if -g and -t flags used together, -t is ignored; could they work
together?
2. what you meant as propably "nlines", got "nalines"
3. the number of primitives should come before "is map3d"
4. I think the 'n' prefix is not necessary at all

> One problem: maybe, I'm missing something, but I can not find out how to
> get number of nodes for vector file :-(

Hmm, maybe v.build provides a hint?

Maciek