[GRASS-user] Re: [Proj] trouble transforming corine landcover raster projection Lambert laea to lcc

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Sun Apr 8 08:50:59 EDT 2007

Hi Patrick,

I succeed to import Corine Land Cover inside GRASS wittout problem.

First of all, you need to create correct projection for your location. Both of
them seems to me incorrecte. Here what I get for my location where I import
corine Land Cover :
-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : Lambert Conformal Conic
proj       : lcc
a          : 6378249.2
es         : 0.0068034876
lat_1      : 45.89891888901534
lat_2      : 47.69601444454726
lat_0      : 46.8000000000016
lon_0      : 2.3372291666985
x_0        : 600000
y_0        : 2200000
towgs84    : -168,-60,320,0,0,0,0
no_defs    : defined
-PROJ_UNITS------------------------------------------------
unit       : Meter
units      : Meters
meters     : 1

Which is really different from yours. I imported some other data from other
data provider as well (town, ...) and it seems correct.

Your projection seems to be WGS84 (not defined so default used) and so you got
some error (latlong begin -180,-90 to 180,90).

When you create a projection, you can try to use EPSG code (27572 for lambert
2 et.), use french country as region (bbox). If you use raster data, take
care of the resolution of your region.

Regards,

Y.
PS : why do you talk about raster for corrine land cover? This is a vector
file! isn't ?

--
Yves Jacolin