[GRASS-user] NVIZ max res ppm = reboot!

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Apr 18 14:10:39 EDT 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> > recently upgraded from 6.10
> > Xorg upgraded.
> > ATI proprietary driver.
>
> It doesn't crash on:
> - 32bit Ubuntu Dapper 6.06.1
> - ATI prop. driver v. 8.25.18
> - ATI Mobility X700 PCIE 128MB
>
> I don't get a reasonable output though. 21 different size black ppm
> squares  instead of a picture. Is this as expected?

That's what I get when using GLX Pixmaps (using pBuffers gives me an
GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest error).

I'm curious as to whether or not either of the off-screen drawing
methods have ever worked for anyone. It's entirely possible that the
new GLX context isn't being initialised correctly.

The rather haphazard design of the OGSF library and the lack of
substantial documentation make it less than straightforward to
determine what (if anything) needs to be done when rendering to a
different context.