[GRASS-user] Import data from ISIS (USGS distribution)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 19 09:00:10 EDT 2007

Hamish wrote:
> Antoine LUCAS wrote:
>> I am trying to import data from ISIS cubes into Grass.
>
> interesting,
>
> http://isis.astrogeology.usgs.gov/IsisWorkshop/Lessons/IsisCubeFormat/
>

>> First, I would like to configure a Mars ellipsoid into Grass. Does
>> anybody know hos to put Martian ellipsoid into Grass config ?
>
> can it be known to PROJ4, or defined by PROJ4 arguments? (you may need
> to ask on the PROJ mailing list)
>
> http://proj.maptools.org

Antoine / Hamish,

If you use gdalinfo on the dataset you should get the WKT string defining
the coordinate system, including the ellipsoid.  If you import using r.in.gdal
in the normal manner that creates a new study area with the coordinate system
defined from the source data, that should capture the definition properly.

Please let me know if you have problems with ISIS cubes through GDAL.  I'd
like to make sure the support for them is solid.

Best regards,