[GRASS-user] Question about databases and vector files...

Michael Perdue michael_perdue at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 27 11:28:44 EDT 2007

On both of my 32 bit machines (Mac OSX 10.4.9 and SuSE 10.1) I can
get about 60 - 70 million points imported before it conks (I don't
recall the exact message but it was something about an overflow...
negative file offset). The coord file is right around 2GB when the
error message is received. I was using the -z flag in v.in.ascii so I
imagine one might be able to get significantly more in without the
3rd dimension.

cheers,

Mike