[GRASS-user] ps.map rotation of symbols based upon DB column

Dr. Manuel Seeger seeger at uni-trier.de
Mon Aug 27 02:05:11 EDT 2007

> I would like to make a geological map, with strike-dip symbols
> (orientation of planes). I was wondering whether is was possible to
> rotate point symbols (using vpoints) based upon a db-column (like the
> size - sizecol option for vpoints), since a map generally contains a
> lot of strike-dip symbols and entering every position and orientation
> of each symbol by hand is rather tedious?

Hello!
This would be a great thing! Especially if it could be possible not only
to rotate sysmbols, but also to oroentate them! This would be very
helpful for making geomorphological maps, too.

So, if you have the patience to think some minutes more, I would try to
be a testing person!

Greetings
Manuel

--
please visit www.warela.eu
and participate:

WaReLa scientific conference on

Integrated catchment management
for hazard mitigation

September 24-26, 2007 in Trier, Germany
Dr. Manuel Seeger
Wiss. Assistent 			Scientific Assistant
Physische Geographie 			Dpt. of Physical Geography
FB VI - Geographie/Geowissenschaften 	Geography/Geosciences
Universität Trier			University of Trier
D - 54286 Trier
Tel.:	+49-651-201 4557
Fax:	+49-651-201 3976