[GRASS-user] Correction of terrain effects for MODIS data?

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Dec 1 15:03:42 EST 2007

Hi!

Will this approach enable a correction for terrain as well? I don't see
how I can incorporate elevation data or anything relevant.

I used the cosine correction approach which is described in GRASS-GIS in
order to correct a MODIS image. But the result is over-corrected (!) as
mentioned also in the book.

I am looking for a practical approach in order to minimize terrain
effects in a MODIS NIR surface reflectance acquisition. The area in
which I am interested to visually identify the land cover, is
mountainous. So any correction would be of great importance.

Thank you in advance.

--
Nikos Alexandris
.