[GRASS-user] Re: Start R w/in Cygwin and Native WinGrass?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Dec 5 12:11:23 EST 2007

 <paallen <at> attglobal.net> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I use window for my work computers so I have been using Grass under Cygwin and
the latest native WinGrass and R
> for windows.  By the way the WinGrass RC3 look GREAT!!!!
>
> I want to use the R package spgrass6.  Can/How do I start windows R within
cygwin and WinGrass?

Use a console interface - under cygwin I usually start an xterm within the GRASS
session, then start R within that (either Rgui or Rterm). You may need to set
.libPaths() within R, and may also need to check the working directory in Rgui,
depending on environment variable settings.

Roger