[GRASS-user] Database for GRASS

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:36:46 EST 2007

I've used PostgreSQL and SQLite. Both worked fine but I've never done
any database intensive stuff so  I can't tell if there is any speed or
performance difference between the two.

What I found *very good* about SQLite is that the database is stored
in a file. No need to setup servers like postgresql or MySQL. And
there is no configuration necessary! It's as simple as naming the
database file with db.connect and you are set! And, if you ever need a
frontend to the SQLite database, just use SQLite Browser or
openoffice.org-base.

Daniel