[GRASS-user] r.le.setup trouble and r.li not found

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 01:12:05 EST 2007

Hamish:

Patrick Giraudoux wrote:
> Thanks for the hint and the patch. However, I am not sure about how to
> use it... Looks like a C script but I am not a C programmer.

It is C. You must recompile r.le.setup to use it. But you don't need to know
any C to apply the patch or build GRASS from source code.

> How and where can it be compiled to be used in GRASS ? Sorry for this likely
> trivial question...

You will have to recompile GRASS yourself from the source code to use the
patch, or wait for the next 6.2.4, 6.3.0, or 6.3-cvs/svn snapshot release.
(note the patch is not yet applied in CVS/SVN, but will be in the next day or
two)

Compiling from source code is not as hard as you might think, and can be both a
rewarding and empowering experience. The instructions given for Debian will be
very similar to Ubuntu if you need more help.
  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Patches#Applying_a_patch
  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Compile_and_Install

Hamish