[GRASS-user] i.smap fails because it can't find subgroup (?)

nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Dec 12 13:59:00 EST 2007

Hi GRASS-community!

I am facing this strange (for me!) problem with i.smap:

1. I build a group & subgroup with i.group (using 3 raster
maps, floating point all)

2. I digitised in QGIS some "burned" and some "non-burned"
areas, imported the vector file in GRASS and transformed it
to a raster map with... > v.to.rast
input=Training_BurnedAreas_SMAP
output=Training_BurnedAreas_SMAP_boo use=attr type=area
column=boo labelcolumn=lc

3. > i.gensigset
trainingmap=Training_BurnedAreas_SMAP_boo at nik
group=Change_PCA_GRNIR subgroup=Change_PCA_GRNIR_subgroup
signaturefile=Training_BurnedAreas_SMAP_boo_Signatures
maxsig=10

4. > i.smap group=Change_PCA_GRNIR at nik
subgroup=Change_PCA_GRNIR_subgroup
signaturefile=Training_BurnedAreas_SMAP_boo_Signatures
blocksize=128 output=Change_PCA_iSMAP_TEST

...and I get this error:
Subgroup [Change_PCA_GRNIR_subgroup] not found.

I am 100% that the subgroup exists. So I must be doing
something else wrong or... ? Any ideas?