[GRASS-user] (kein Betreff)

Gerald Nelson gnelson at uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 13 15:45:08 EST 2007

Although I'm not a geographer, having looked at a globe I do know about
longitude meridians running through the poles. ;-)

If you only had two longitude values you wouldn't even be able to calculate
EW distance because of this effect. But if you know both the value for
latitude and longitude at each of say two points, you know how close each is
to the equator and so should be able to correct for the effect, doing some
kind of great circle route type calculation. Or...

Jerry