[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.2.1-1 Installation Question

Ramu Narayanan ramu.nm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 13:38:45 EST 2007

Hello,
The problem that I encountered no longer appears.

I opened grass62 in text mode using the Spearfish60, typed in g.gisenv and
noticed that LOCATION_NAME was set to Spearfish60 but not LOCATION.  I then
added a LOCATION variable (not sure if needed) and then entered gis.m which
then opened up the GRASS6.2 manager, map display and output windows.  I can
now enter the GUI and the text based modes without seeing the same error
message that I saw before.  The problem I currently face is that when I
enter the command into the GRASS command prompt:

d.mon x0

The following message appears:

GRASS 6.2.1 (spearfish60):~ > d.mon x0
using default visual which is TrueColor
ncolors: 16777216
Graphics driver [x0] started
Socket is already in use or not accepting connections.
Use d.mon to select a monitor
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
Socket is already in use or not accepting connections.
Use d.mon to select a monitor
GRASS 6.2.1 (spearfish60):~ > d.rast soils
No graphics monitor has been selected for output.
Please run "d.mon" to select a graphics monitor.

I get similar messages regardless of whether I do this in the GRASS command
prompt or the Grass Manager window.
The list and info commands appear to be working.

Ramu