R: [GRASS-user] v.net.path through gis manager (GRASS6.2)

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Feb 20 13:17:45 EST 2007

On 20/02/07 18:58, Aldo Clerici wrote:
> Yes it works, at least with only one point as I didn't discover the correct
> separator.
> However my question was about the possibility of using v.net.path through
> Vector > Network analysis > Shortest route. I'm not able to specify the
> start/end points in the panel. In which section they can be introduced?

They can't: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4908

For this module (in its current state) a GUI panel probably does not
really make sense as it only works through piping the coordinates. From
the html page:

"Nodes can be piped into the program from file or from stdin. The syntax
is as follows:

id start_point_category end_point_category

or

id start_point_x start_point_y end_point_x end_point_y

Points specified by category must be exactly on network nodes, while,
when specifying coordinates, the next node to a given coordinate pair is
used."

You should also be able to put all your points into a file and do
something like:

cat PathToFile | v.net.path in=roads ou=roads_pt

It shouldn't be too difficult to add the capacity to read from file, or
to pass coordinates as a parameter, but apparently noone amongst those
capable has felt enough need up to now to do that...

Moritz