[GRASS-user] 64 bit or parallel processing

francesco.pirotti francesco.pirotti at unipd.it
Tue Feb 27 02:37:36 EST 2007

Dear Grass users,

Has anyone experimented using 64 bit machines or some kind of parallel
processing for some GRASS modules?  Is it a possible thing?  Does GRAS have
any modules prepared for such conditions?  I am not a superexpert, I was
wondering if anyone can give me clues on how can operations be made faster
using special hardware... for example is I can significantly speed up
spline interpolation using parallel machines, or clusters (I am shooting in
the dark, since I am not even sure what clusters are )

Thanks guys,

Francesco Pirotti