[GRASS-user] Re: stream network from DEM

Xiaoyan Li xlia at gmu.edu
Tue Feb 27 11:02:02 EST 2007

Thanks Dylan

In ArcInfo, If DEM data is g, do the following:
/*get flow direction, gfdir is the flowdirection grid
gfdir = flowdirection(g)

/*get curvature, gcurv is the curvature grid
gcurv = curvature(g)

/*threshold curvature, gcthresh is thresholded grid of curvature, cells with curvature > 0.03 will be set 1, otherwise will be set to nodata. here using 0.03 as an example
gcthresh = con(gcurv > 0.03, 1)

/*the above grid is a 1 or nodata grid that should represent the streams but may be broken segment, to connect them, do the following
gfacc = flowaccumulation(gfdir,gcthresh)

/*set stream grid to 1 on nodata background
gstrm = con(gfacc > 10, 1)

Is there any other command to calculate flowaccumulation in GRASS which function is the same as FLOWACCUMULATION in ArcInfo?
FLOWACCUMULATION(<dir_grid>, {weight_grid})