[GRASS-user] new r.surf.nnbathy version

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Jan 2 14:30:16 EST 2007

Hi,

New r.surf.nnbathy version uploaded to
http://kufaya.googlepages.com/grassgisscripts
(I'm still hoping to launch a real webpage, one day ;) ).

Besides several fixes it now supports all the 3 interpolation methods
nnbathy provides:

l - linear triangulation

nn - natural neighbor; Dave Watson's algorithm for Sibson  interpolation

ns - non-Sibsonian; Belikov and Semenov's formulas for non-Sibsonian
interpolation

All methods are using Jonathan Richard Shewchuk's software "triangle",
for the underlaying Delaunay triangulation.

Please refer to nn library source code for details.

Many thanks to Pavel Sakov, nn and nnbathy author, for providing his
ecxellent software and for being so helpfull!

CHANGELOG:

1.6, 2006.06.15:
- first public release

1.9, 2007.01.02:
- parse g.region -g with eval, not awk
- support all interpolation methods nnbathy provides
- create history for output raster with r.support
- require nnbathy 1.69 (major bug was fixed)
- try to detect if nnbathy failed and exit cleanly
- documentation extended
- minor cleanups
- todo: there is a progress indicator switch (-%) in nnbathy now, but
using it slows down the interpolation 3-4 times on my machine, while
works OK on nnbathy author's; if sorted out, I'll use -%

Maciek