[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Re: grassuser Digest, Vol 9, Issue 1

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Wed Jan 3 12:14:54 EST 2007

Hi,
On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 05:11:39PM +0100, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Michael Barton wrote:
> > I haven't yet tried this new version of g.region but hope to soon. It sounds
> > like g.region -g is now issuing an interactive terminal message.
>
> No it doesn't. The differences between the old and current g.region -g are:
>
> - the WARNING message on the top of the g.region output
>
> - 4 extra lines in the g.region -g output:
> projection=
> zone=
> datum=
> ellipsoid=
>
> Maciek

sorry, if this will sound radical, but adding new lines of this kind to program
output is IMHO not *change* but *added funtionality*. It makes g.region more
usable than it was. It the output is more informative, than it was.
Maybe new lines could be clipped to end of the "old" output, not in
front of it.

Jachym

P.S. The -g flag could IMHO remain also in the future. It is faster to use
only one flag (-g) than two flags (-gp).

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz